Skip to main content

ARTIFICIAL

tales from the past interest me
testimonies encourage me
beware of the knock on your neighbour's door
dont ignore it,get some information
the crack on the wall
might become a hole on your fence


ARTIFICIAL

The existence of "Artificiality"
Has neither boundaries nor limits
Across gender,personality,identity and disposition
It holds its throne among the sons of men

He is a manly-boy
She is just a girl
He is experienced
She is naive
He is opaque
She is transparent
He is perfidious
She is trustworthy

A blend of contrasting personalities
connected on the stage of "love"
In the light of a saviour he approached
With tales from the past,laying emphasis on common grounds
Her interest is aroused
Cos the naive holds curiosity some where in their bossom
Blink, Blink - goes the signal
He recognises her gullibility

As a hook takes hold on a fish
He capitalizes on his discoveries
In an experience borne expertise
He wades her off her familiar route
"Thank goodness, i finally came to shore
No need to sail on unknown waters"
Such were the thoughts on her mind

Armed with rehearsed gait
and the softness of questionable sainthood
He gains way into her resource mine
In deceit, she was mined

She is rich and endowed with life's resources
yea,in abundance- Cash like gold
Beauty like diamond,kindness of heart like ornyx
Temperane like ruby
She is the kind of lady who sticks
Neither for price nor reward

He is built and manly
So sad, he's got a boy's understanding
Men live today in consideration of the 'morrow
Boys live today with the moment at heart
Without consideration of her mines' nature
He quarried the resource whose origin he knows not

Alas! she was at loss
He counted his blessings like the smart will do
She was pent-up
He expressed emotions that never existed
He promised perpetuity
In search of security, She signed a treaty
If only wisdom made her know it was her own 'goal

He claims what he's not
Reciting the victory of others
As though they were his
Showing off mundane possessions
But will never own up when she asks
A pauper he is when with her
A king with the others
He condemns wrong before her
Embraces the opposite as she blinks away

He wants her when the mine is due
Prefers another when the mine goes fallow
"I'm at the blue gate," he says
A second look reveals him at the grey
He calls it A, reality states it's Z

I can understand the contrast between darkness and light
yet, i struggle to comprehend that between a good container
and a rotten content
Why do people prefer artificial noble poses
Knowing that they tempt serious trouble

The virus of artificial nobility
Has ruined many potential nobles
What does it pay to lead up the garden
When the reward is, but ephemeral
I choose to be myself
Live sincerely and deal sincerely
In the path of transparency lies greatness
For hypocrisy shall bite the dust

I DETEST THE CIRCLE OF ARTIFICIAL PERSONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis