Skip to main content

What State Is Your Vision?


It is dangerous for one to just sit there saying “I got a vision”.
There is need for you to take a look at the state of the vision in your heart from time to time. Even Jesus talked about being watchful. Ask yourself, does the thought of my vision still propel energy for fulfillment? If not, one or more of the following might be the state of your vision.

The sleeping vision:

This is a state where the vision and its carrier lack a drive. The carrier may not even know that a vision is buried in his spirit; he therefore, takes the presence of an interest in something to be “normal”.

The maimed vision:

One in which the vision has been seriously hampered from manifesting due to terrible mistakes on the part of the carrier or attacks from hell.

The stale vision:

In this case, the carrier does nothing to improve on his past efforts. He settles for less than the potential of his vision. The vision becomes stagnant and turns stale. You know a vision has gone stale when the people involved only make reference to exploits or accomplishments dating back to when it first started. There is no current or recent testimony. Individuals in this category need to get back to God to breathe freshness into the entire thing.

The limping vision:

This describes vision in which the carrier is up against so many obstacles than he can bear alone. This usually become the case of
people who take up missions without God’s commission. They therefore look for other unapproved means or methods to enable them get fit again. However, people on the right track on their pursuit of purpose may still find themselves in this situation;in this case, they do not have “helpers” surrounding the vision. Individuals in this category need to ask God to send them men who can identify with their vision and run along with them.

The imprisoned vision:

Here, the vision and its carrier are caged as a result of self-imposed limitations, environmental limitation or limitation from external forces. Individuals in this category must believe that the God of purpose first equips a man before sending him into the earth to fulfill his (God’s) intention. He must have confidence in God’s ability to accomplish great things with, for and through us  other than focus on his weaknesses. In the case of limitation from external forces, one must train himself to believe in the word of God. Scripture says
“ but they that know their God shall be strong and do exploit.”
Daniel 11:32b (KJV)

The reason we are told to know our God is this; the knowledge of God exposes you to his mighty acts and sure fire ways of going about issues and challenges of life. That exposure gives you the confidence that propels you to stand strong; because a running man cannot have the balance necessary to hit a target (make/do exploit)

The nurtured vision:

This is the state of a vision which is filled with fresh ideas which  are born out of inspiration(divine). The carrier is constantly connected to his source who in turn is committed to the vision.  In all the healthy cases I have seen, the source is usually God.

The fulfilled vision:

Here, every goal set by the carrier is obviously in motion. He needs just the right effort on his part to get things going as he has got the right people placed in his life to devotedly help him. Irrespective of the state of your vision, there is room for you to turn it into a fulfilled vision. You can achieve this by staying committed to the growth of your vision, being obedient to instruction from God or mentors and totally depending on God.
I release grace on you to enable you keep your vision alive and live in its fulfillment in the name of Jesus!

Culled from the Book PROTHESIS 
 Copyright © 2014 by Anne Atulaegwu.
published by Partridge Africa

Committed to Your Destiny
 Anne Atulaegwu



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis