Skip to main content

THE LINK BETWEEN PURPOSE AND YOUR GIFT



 “I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift; one has this gift, another has that.” 1 Corinthians 7:7

The gift of a man is his most valuable possession. Some people refer to it as talent. It is your gifts, especially when developed that attract people to you and make you relevant. Scripture says that the gift of a man makes way for him.
“A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence
of the great” Proverbs 18:16.

There cannot be fulfillment of purpose without your gifts.

A gift is not the same as skill. A skill is the ability to do something well, this usually comes by practice or learning from others but a gift is a natural ability to do something well.

I’ll like you to look within you, you know those things you can naturally do well, they are deposits to aid you fulfill purpose.

When I was a child, my primary school teacher usually cautioned me for talking too much in class. I always had something to say whenever anything was happening in class. For me speaking was something I would naturally do anytime, anywhere. Today I am a public speaker. “The  gift” of constructively airing my view is paying off.

God had to put that gift of speaking with people in me, because his purpose for me requires that I speak with people. I don’t struggle to get into a conversation with people. If you ask me, that’s a gift because not everyone can. God gave me that ability because he knows I would need it to fulfill purpose.

Most of the time, the gifts of a man are pointers to what God intends to do with him. You probably have seen a little child who picks up a spoon and uses it as a microphone. While she sings, she arranges her teddy bears on the couch and acts like she’s directing them in a worship service. Most children with such ability grow up to be music ministers. God uses the gift for his purpose and
to his glory.

Get the book Prothesis here

Moses was gifted to help people. He helped the daughters of the priest of Midian to get water for their father’s flock.

“Now a priest of Midian had seven daughters, as they came to draw water and fill the troughs to water their father’s flock. Some shepherds came along and drove them away, but Moses got up and came to their rescue and watered their flock”. Exodus 2:16-17.

He saved them from the unfair treatment of the other shepherds.What kind of a man would offer help to strangers if he hadn’t got the gift (natural ability) to do so?
Another time, he tried to help an Israelite who was in a fight with
an Egyptian.

“One day after Moses had grown up he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Glancing this way and that without seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand” Exodus 2:11-12.

That’s the kind of scenario my people, Nigerians would say “Who send you message”? His gift (of helps) was at work. We saw Moses used as a deliverer (God’s Purpose) for Israel. Your purpose can be traced by observing your gifts. However, the Holy Spirit would clearly state God’s purpose for you.

Gifts are natural abilities given to us by God. What are some of the gifts you have got?

In what ways do you presently use these gifts in fulfilling God’s purpose for your life?
.
Get the book Prothesis here





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis