Skip to main content

IS JESUS REALLY THE ONLY WAY TO GOD?


Gordon got on his balcony. The blaring sound of moving vehicles and the bustle of Mushin in Lagos state had just jerked him off his sleep. He isn’t your regular pray-first-thing-in the morning-kinda guy and so the balcony of his one room, face-me-I slap-you apartment was his “hello God” I’m awake routine.

It was about 8 am in the morning. He watched the women sitting beside their wares and calling on early shoppers, conductors screaming their destinations for passengers to come in, car owners negotiating their way through the busy roads, Birds flying across the sky, chirping off happily like they had no cares, Pedestrians walking across the street wearing obvious concerns on their faces.

Gordon leaned on the rail. His mind was saturated with the sermon from yesterday. “Jesus is the only way to God”, the voice of his pastor echoed. “Could this mean that this crowd before him this morning is already condemned if they don’t believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God? How can all these people be wrong?” He wandered.

A woman had asked if that meant that (Jesus is the only way to God) some of her relatives who were Muslims aren’t serving God. The other man who stood as an usher at the main entrance had said that his younger brother was a Hare Krishna. The man and woman had pointed out that these relatives were kind, helped the poor and expressed love to everyone they met. How could the pastor insist that their relatives were not accepted by God?

I’ve heard a lot of people say that God is one and that every religion leads ultimately to God; we only get to Him by “several means”.  For one group, God is our inner being and you can reach Him by looking at yourself in the mirror because He lives in everyone. For another, God is a supernatural being who is far away and can only be appeased by good works because He is angry at mankind; and some think that God is some kinda powerful force or energy that cannot be known in a personal way.

All of these views or definitions about God claim to be true and so another set of people who wish to avoid the “confusion” simply state that God is anything you call Him. Hence, He could be your soul, a chair, a table, a place or an atmosphere so long as you are able to find some kinda connection with yourself.

Who exactly is God?

God cannot be defined by Christian or Secular Science. He cannot be described by the elemental identities of nature and He certainly cannot be the fragmental reflection of us in the mirror.

God is NOT a MAN therefore He CANNOT be the reflection of us in the mirror Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” (NIV)’

God is NOT a FORCE/ENERGY because He has a Spirit
Genesis 1:1-2 “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”. (KJV)

God is NOT “Some” FAR AWAY SUPERNATURAL BEING incapable of personal relationship. Jeremiah 31:3 “Long ago the LORD said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.” (NLT)

GOD IS THE GOD OF gods and LORD of lords who revealed Himself through His Son JESUS CHRIST.
 “For the LORD your God is the GOD of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God” Deuteronomy 10:17 (NLT)
The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and He sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.”Hebrews 1:3 (NLT)

How then can anyone accept canard that God can be anything we choose to call Him?
I mean, if you’ve already introduced yourself as Mrs. Adaugo or Mr. Tolu and people choose to deny your existence or say that you are them in a mirror or that you exist but you are anything they call you- chair, table, tree, sky, space or energy; does that negate the truth that you are what you are and have earlier revealed yourself as? I bet you said no

Now GOD has revealed His identity in His Son Jesus Christ. If you or anyone decides to believe a different Identity as Him, your “belief” doesn’t negate the truth about Him being “THE GOD OF gods and LORD of lords who revealed Himself through His Son JESUS CHRIST.”


The Way To God

Here are the questions I have for you,
·        If GOD has revealed himself as GOD of gods and LORD of lords, doesn’t this mean that there are other gods and lords?
·        If GOD revealed Himself through JESUS CHRIST His son, can religions, sects, systems or beliefs who claim to lead to God but deny His son actually be leading men to this very/same GOD?

You can agree with me that the religions of the world are definitely not talking about the same God.

And if we aren’t all talking about the same God, it means our routes are leading to different ends which have no convergence at any point down the road. It is either one is relating with the God whose Son is Jesus Christ and accepts that Jesus Christ is the main/only/finite connection between man and God or such a person is relating with gods/lords by believing or accepting otherwise.
Through the years, man has strived to connect with God. It is in this frantic search that man has constructed, proposed, organized, structured (you may add your adjective) diverse means of reaching God.
God on the other hand desperately wants a connection with man so much that He sent His Son to reveal His Identity and close up the gap between Him and us through His death, burial and resurrection. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
All other religions, orders, postulations, fraternities, school of thoughts or faiths strongly emphasize the effort of man as means to “salvation”. They say man has to suffer more to become accepted by this God whom they have helplessly searched for and the weirdest thing is they can never be sure that this God of theirs will accept them in the end despite all their good works.
Christianity (belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD) is the ONLY faith which provides salvation as God meeting the requirement for man- through the death of His Son on the cross (John 3:16).
It beats my imagination to see that man would reject HELP from the TRUE GOD whom they’ve searched helplessly for and worked hard to be accepted by.
Can you imagine walking the streets for months in search of the way to your house? Only to meet a young boy who says His/Your father sent him to get you home.  Rather than follow him home, you push him aside and continue to crawl on your knees, digging the ground, rolling from side to side all in attempt to get back to your father.
Isn’t that delusional?
The religions of the world believe in the concepts of sin, salvation, life after death and a god that they need to connect with but they fail to see that they’ve missed it all together.
Look at this,
·        Man agrees He has sinned and still sins, he tries to “work off” his sin debt BUT God offers FORGIVENESS (the one thing religions of the world can never understand nor provide) and says you don’t have to because I paid for you through the blood of my Son- Jesus Christ. He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. Romans 4:25

·        Man agrees that he needs to be saved from condemnation or destruction after he departs from his body in death and so he tries to appease God by “working hard” to qualify for salvation BUT God says you don’t have to because I have qualified you through the death and resurrection of my Son- Jesus Christ. He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. Romans 4:25

·        Man knows that there is life after death. While some are “working hard” by doing “good works” to have a good life after death, others claim that they would return as cows, goats or anything else based on how they live now AND God says, I give you eternal life through my son-Jesus Christ and I have a home for you in death.Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me (Jesus Christ) hath everlasting life” John 6:47 and “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you”. John 14: 2

·        Man is in search of a God he can connect/ relate with on a personal note AND God says I will have fellowship with you and you and I will become one! But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.1 Corinthians 6:17. Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.  John 14:23

How can a man who is thirsty see a stream and decide to dig the earth rather than drink from the stream? “But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life." John 4:14
How can you say that there are many ways to God when these “so-called “ways doesn’t provide any solution to man’s greatest needs (Sin-debt-cancellation, salvation and life after death) as Jesus Christ has.

There is only ONE WAY TO GOD and THE WAY is JESUS CHRIST, the SON OF THE LIVING GOD
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”.  John 14:6

Your search is over!

If you are willing to finally find THE ONE TRUE GOD,

Pray this prayer aloud
God the Father I come to you in the name of your son Jesus Christ,
 I admit that I am a sinner and no good works of mine can make me clean and acceptable before you.
 I ask that you forgive me of my sins and wash me clean by the blood of Jesus Christ your son.
I believe that He died for me and He resurrected to justify me.
I ask that you change my heart through your Holyspirit and that you come live inside of me.
I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and I am saved because He has made me the righteousness of God
Amen!

Congratulations! You just used the ONLY and RIGHT way to GOD!!!

I would love to hear from you

Committed to Your Fulfilment
Anne Atulaegwu
Anne Atulaegwu showing off how happy Jesus makes me



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis