Skip to main content

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF THESE LIFE RAKERS?



I sat recently and my heart reviewed The Birthplace journey of 9 years. I guess I’m probably supposed to be excited about the privilege given me as an echo of God’s voice in my generation. Even though a part of me was and is truly grateful for being chosen, a huge question lurked at the corner of my heart- Has the 9 years of labour been truly acceptable by the father? Have I done all/what is written of me in the volume of books within this time?

My heart became full as I compared the assignment, the instruction with the journey so far. I agree I have never turned down any of father’s instruction concerning The Birthplace mandate as much as I can remember. However, I couldn’t shake off the concern in my heart which said, “Am I within schedule, am I doing it right? Am I? Am I?
I began to tongue (Pray in the Spirit). My heart was seeking answers. I needed to be sure that as we approached 10 years of age next year, I will be right in the centre of the father’s will in every sense of the word.

As I prayed the word of life dropped in my spirit “Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received In the Lord that thou fulfil it.” Colossians 4:17.  That was originally written by Apostle Paul to Archippus.
I’ll like us to zoom in on that instruction- “Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received In the Lord that thou fulfil it.”

The word Take heed is the Greek word “blepo” it means be watchful, be observant, discern, and pay attention. Now if Apostle Paul would say pay attention, it means fulfilling the call is never by accident. We have to be deliberate about fulfilling it if we would.
Is there something the lord has called you to do? Have you began? How are you going about it?
I have learnt that activities aren’t necessarily proof of service neither do they guarantee that one is fulfilling the ministry given to him/her. It is vital that we build according to pattern. Exodus 25:40

WHAT IS THE PATTERN?

1.    STRATEGY: Serving His way
Are we serving His way or are we copying other people’s activities/assignment? Are we following the detects of our heart or the detects of His?

2.    PLACEMENT: Serving where deployed
Every assignment/ministry has its audience and even location. Are we reaching out those we are assigned to or are we ignoring them because we think/feel its “better” elsewhere?


3.    CONTENT: Serving what He orders
It’s easy these days to get carried away by what’s in vogue that we forget to check with the LORD (the master). Are your actions, programmes, events, service and all what he asked you to deliver? Or are we going by popular opinion.

4.    DRIVE: Serving based on love
God has helped me through the years to often examine my motive for doing what I do. One time the Lord said to me, “if it’s not out of love for me or compassion/love for the people, then don’t do it”. He said, “Don’t do it to impress anyone. Don’t do it just because you feel you can or should. Love should be your drive”.
I’ve tried in His might to ensure that Love is the back drop for all the ministry sacrifices and services I do. You can trust that if love is your drive, ministry becomes easier. There won’t be room in your heart for competition or strife because you will be concerned about the feelings of the father and the state of His people. What is your motivation for doing the work? Status, men’s accolades or applause, material benefits or sheer ambition? If it aint love for the father and His people you aren’t taking heed to fulfilling the assignment.

5.    ENGINE: Serving based on faith
Have you wondered why you rarely have it all together when God first instructs you to do something? It could be a feeling of inadequacy or seemingly unavailable resources or even unavailability of the people themselves.
Having hosted well over 10 conferences in 9 years, I can tell you honestly that FAITH IN JESUS is all you need to put your foot out there on the sea like Apostle Peter.
I remember when we hosted the first annual Tamar’s pouch conference; I had just got done with NYSC. I had no income whatsoever. I had used all the allowance the state paid to build a website for the ministry, edit my book (Prothesis) and do a few other ministry stuffs. I had no reserve for the conference but GOD PAID HIS BILLS. He raised me partners most of whom still make The Birthplace events happen till date.


When I began working on a secular job, I thought I now had all I needed to do God’s work. Oh how wrong I was to learn that GOD NEVER leads us to a place of self sufficiency. All sufficiency is of HIM and HIM alone.
The more I earned, the higher the instruction He gave and so my earnings were never enough. There was always room/need for others to build with me. I deeply appreciate all our Partners. Thank you for lifting up the CHRIST with me.
So darling, what’s the engine you are operating on- Faith or Fear? 


Remember Romans 14:23, “and whatsoever is not of faith is sin”.
I’ve learnt to see every assignment as an opportunity to see a new dimension of God’s ability. I cannot remember physically having all the money or human resource required for a project when we first start but in the end, I often look back in amazement at how the father shows off his prowess. Just recently I was going through our financial record and I knelt in gratitude. I saw that what is spent is a 100 times bigger than my “income”.  We are indeed spending from Zion’s resources. Oh how I love JESUS!!
It’s either by faith or NOTHING!

THE FIERY TEST
While we do all we do in service to the Lord and His people, we must remember what the word says in 1 Corinthians 3:8-15.
8The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.10Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. 12Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.13But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14 If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames (NLT) Emphasis added
Every work will be tried through fire. Would ours survive or would it burn? Some people are carried away by who gets applauded by men. They don’t seem to have come across the fiery test scripture.
Apostle Paul talked about our only foundation –JESUS. Are our works, words, services and all drawing attention to the death, burial, resurrection and glorification of JESUS the CHRIST? If the end result isn’t turning men away from darkness into His marvelous light, then we are building on our own foundation!!!  Paul says we must be VERY CAREFUL not to lay another one!


Almost every day, young people approach me for mentoring. They often ask how to go about a ministry God’s calling them into. I get them to share with me what the instruction is. For some, it isn’t clear for others it’s already clear. However, one thing I listen for as they speak is HOW DOES IT ALL CONNECT WITH THE PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT OF THE CHURCH- The ministry of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:11-21. It could be in politics, music industry, fashion industry or anything else. We must just must ensure that it connects back with our primary assignment.


Click here to Find out God’s ASSIGNMENT for your life now.

I do not want a burnt work that’s why my heart is paying close attention to all I’m about. Would you please do the  same?

THE 3 LIFE RAKERS

1.    Ignored Assignment: Some people know what God wants them to do but they’ve believed the lie that it isn’t important because they feel God has too many people working in that area already. Another group have told themselves that there are more important things to do right now and so the assignment can wait.
This is dangerous. The kingdom project is larger than we know.  So please don’t ignore the nudge in your heart. GET TO WORK!

2.    Abandoned Assignment:  perhaps you started and the enemy belittled it in your eyes or you just felt it was too much weight to carry.  Please repent and go back to your baby for you would be asked!
I do not often feel like doing what the father has asked me to but by His grace, I often remind myself that it is too late to quit. Not because of the number of years that I’ve put in but because I know that it costed my CHRIST His life to even make me considerable for the work. Why should I abandon the most honourable course in the whole of human race? Go back to your baby!

Read: Betrayed

3.    Neglected Assignment: Some people seem to be up and about their callings but they aren’t paying attention to the heart of the father. They are comfortable doing it anyhow so long as it is ticked off their to-do list. We don’t seem to remember that an event might be ticked as done on earth but in heaven, Father has it in his NOT DONE list.
Let’s guard our heart from the distractions. Let’s lay off the weights that easily beset us.
Trust me; I don’t have it all together every time. Sometimes the pressure of this world hits me strongly and yes I cry until I can’t anymore but I’ve made up my mind a long time ago that the gospel of my Christ will always come first. He has never failed me and He won’t fail you. Pay close attention to what you do and how you do it.
I encourage you today to fix these 3 rakers if they be in your life. Knowing well that our works shall be tried through fire. I do not want to be ashamed when I stand before my Christ. What about you?


HEY HONEY!!
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Committed to your fulfillment

Join our Mentoring Session scheduled for November

CLICK to learn more




RELATED VIDEOS

The Assignment


Law of Consistency 



How To Truly Trust






Prophetic Moments @ Eagle's Soar 2014


Prophetic Moments @ Eagle's Soar 2014


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis