Skip to main content

5 COUNTRIES I STRONGLY HOPE TO VISIT BEFORE 30 AND WHY


So my birthday is in a bit. Well, a month and many days away;January 23 precisely. Oh wait! NOT my 30th birthday. 
The pretty 30 is a few years ahead and I’m joyfully anticipating that day; but before I turn 30, here are a list of countries I strongly hope to have visited.



1.   Mexico: Everyone who owns and watches the famous Telemundo station is familiar with some of the beauty of the Mexican culture. Just before you assume, Telemundo didn’t form my desire to visit mexico. I first knew about Mexico when I was 7 years old, from a story book which also mentioned Newzealand. I had never heard of those countries before and I kept wondering what it would be like to live in them.
(Laughs)
Well, I later got to know they speak Spanish. A language I consider the most romantic in the world and I’m trying in my little way to learn the basics. #Winks
I want to visit mexico for the love of the blue oceans, their music and I hear their food is amazing. And oh, about the music, I want to dance salsa with my significant other right on the soil of mexico so I’m definitely not going here alone.



2.   Somalia: Oh the land of Somalia. My heart is drawn to the people and the nation as an entity. Somalia has had quite a full share of war, poverty and hopelessness. My heart is drawn particularly to youths, children and the women of Somalia.
According to Central Intelligence Agency Library, Somalia has one of the world’s lowest primary school enrollment rates – just over 40% of children are in school – and one of world’s highest youth unemployment rates. Life expectancy is low as a result of high infant and maternal mortality rates, the spread of preventable diseases, poor sanitation, chronic malnutrition, and inadequate health services.
During the two decades of conflict that followed the fall of the SIAD regime in 1991, hundreds of thousands of Somalis fled their homes. Today Somalia is the world’s third highest source country for refugees, after Syria and Afghanistan. Insecurity, drought, floods, food shortages, and a lack of economic opportunities are the driving factors. My visit to Somalia would be to give eternal and physical life to them. I really want to go to this one as soon as possible. 

Read: How to Maximize the present



3.  South Sudan
This country has pretty much been in war since 2013. At first the name was the initial pull for me. By the way, it just became an independent nation in 2011. It has very similar challenges as Somalia and I’m looking forward to taking my JESUS and HIS LIFE GIVING PROVISIONS to them.


4.  Italy
Hmmmm, I know what you might be thinking. (Laughs)
It’s unfortunate that when someone mentions this country in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind is “human trafficking and/or prostitution”. 
Well, I would want to go to Italy because I’m fascinated about how they’ve remained the only brand name for original leather and anything exquisite and classy.
Italian shoes, Italian bags, Italian cushion, Italian wristwatches and so on. It’s like when you add the name Italian to anything , it suddenly becomes the highest quality. I beg make I go (Please let me) experience the exquisite class of Italy.


5.  United Kingdom
This nation is somehow prominent in providing Educational proficiency.  I like their accent but I’ll rather speak/sound American cos I love the American English more.
I’ll like to go to the UK to glean from their educational proficiency. 

Do you have desires/dreams you hope to achieve before you turn 30?
Let’s hear it.

Cheers to your fulfillment

#JTOW outreach is 2 weeks away!!!!
Learn more about JTOW Click here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis