Skip to main content

HOW PERSONAL CONSECRATION AFFECTS YOU


Photo courtesy: ShutterStock


Consecration is the solemn dedication to a special purpose or service, usually religious. The word consecration literally means "association with the sacred. 1
Our personal consecration is usually a reminder of God’s purpose for our lives.

Seen this before?

“So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.”
2 peter1:12

Purpose does not come alone. It brings a reminder along. Reminders are practices borne from instruction. They are there to help and keep us from derailing or deviating from God’s plan. Moses instructed the people of Israel not to eat unleavened bread whenever it got to the day in the month when God got them out of Egypt.

“Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the LORD brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. Today, in the month of Abib, you are leaving.” 
Exodus 13:3-4


The practice of eating unleavened bread at that time of the month was to serve as a reminder of God’s deliverance on the significance of being called out of Egypt (to be set aside to worship as HIS people). God’s purpose for Israel was for them to be separated and holy unto HIM. The reminder was a practice that would keep them in the consciousness of that Purpose.


An instruction may be given in the form of a personal consecration.
God instructed Samson through his mother never to bring a razor on his head.
“Because you will conceive and bring forth a son. No razor may be used on his head.” Judges 13:5


That instruction stood as a reminder of God’s purpose for Samson
as a deliverer. Samson never cut his hair (of course until Delilah did).

Have you thought about how weighty that hair felt on him? Samson probably was tempted to trim the hair but that instruction prevented him. He knew that his connection with God’s supernatural Spirit which turned his ordinary human strength to an extra-ordinary divine one was tied to the Nazarene instruction.


There are things that God has personally told you not to do, places HE said you shouldn’t go and people he would have you not get close with. HE might even have warned that you abstain from things that might not be sin in themselves. Everyone else is doing them and no scripture in the bible condemns those things.
However, God told you not to do them. These instructions are given to keep you in the consciousness of your purpose.


God is not a kill-Joy. He lovingly instructs us as a trusted father.
What has HE asked you to do or not do? Keep to that instruction lest you lose not just the consciousness of HIS purpose for you but also your ability to fulfill it.

We must bear in mind that Personal consecration should be kept personal. Do not take a personal instruction and make it a doctrine for others. God leads people in line with HIS plan for them not yours. I often say mentors/ leaders should be careful not to become God in the lives of their mentee/followers. We are called to be Men of God not God of men.
Can you identify some instruction God gave to you as regards
your purpose? Are you committed to them?


Adapted From the book PROTHESIS-An Exposition on your destiny by Anne Atulaegwu, Partridge Publishers © Copyright 2014



Have you ever desired a life in which you were truly relevant and celebrated? 
The dream in your heart deserves expression and you deserve a fulfilling life. God wants to make you His celebrity. 
Say Goodbye to uncertainty, fear and rejection as you embrace the best version of you today! 


 In the book -
PROTHESIS, you will: 
-Learn details about God's perfect design for your life. 
-Learn to let God lead you into His flawless purpose for you. 
- Understand the link between your gifts/talents and your purpose. 
-Understand the power and purpose of a personal covenant with God. 
-Learn to walk in obedience to God's direction. 
- Get powerful glimpses into your destiny. 
- Be empowered to make your mark, be relevant and live fulfilled. 

PROTHESIS is an exposition on your destiny that challenges you to move from where you are to where you ought to be - a glorious fulfilling life! 

Join 
Anne Atulaegwu, as she takes you on a journey to fulfillment. 
Available on 
Amazon  and major book stores worldwide



JOIN ME IN MARCH AT EAGLE'S SOAR CONFERENCE (Males & Females)
Click to Learn more 




Related Videos



3 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ANNUAL TRANSITIONS


THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE


7 QUALITIES OF EXCELLENT FINISHERS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis