Skip to main content

THE EXCHANGE






He had lived for this moment. He was born for this moment. He had talked about it several times.
He often mentioned it while speaking to the multitude, saying he would pull down this temple and raise it up in three days. They thought he was a lunatic because they assumed he referred to Solomon’s temple. Why wouldn’t he be a lunatic if he was referring to a building that took 7 solid years to erect?

He seemed enthusiastic about this moment until it actually came staring him in the face.

He had asked three of his dearest to “watch” with him and he requested that they prayed along with him. Just when he needed to feel/sense their solidarity the most, they unwillingly abandoned him to dance to his rhythm alone. They needed to sleep afterall, they also didn’t know what temple he referred to all the while.

One of his closest had earlier gone to negotiate over him like folks do over easter turkey. The price seemed like a lot of money. Why wasn’t it gold? I can’t help but wonder.


Why thirty pieces of silver? Was that how much he was worth to Judas? Ordinary silver? After all these years of brotherhood, togetherness and unmatched transparency? At least, Judas should have asked for gold and many other precious stones, but no. Thirty pieces of silver sounded good. Afterall, it could buy an empty land with no building on it. A land “expensive” enough to be his private cementry for a bit.

Jesus stared at the cold face of death. It scared him to his core, so much that beads of sweat progressed into an unceasing flow of liquid as thick as blood. In a moment, it dawned on him how scary the task of pulling and raising the building in three days really is.

If only these three dearest knew how crucial this moment was. They won’t be able to sleep.
“You should pray for yourself because this is going to affect you too” He told them.
He was no longer going to ask to be prayed for. It was obvious that this was his private detour to take alone.

I’m not sure if it was the “aloneness” that scared him or the horrible cold look on the face of Mr. Death. I simply know that this moment, the one he had lived for, the one he was born for,  had become frightening that he contemplated turning back.

The frailty of his humanity fought so hard to live. His one hundred percent man nature was frightened so much that it cowered and he negotiated with the father. Stuttering he said, “If there’s any other route around this, please let’s take it. I didn’t see this coming.”

But again, his one hundred percent God-part thought about how this indecision could forever ruin every chance there is to save me, to save you from the fiercely cold grip of death and sin. Then, he found the courage to mutter, “Nevertheless, not my will but yours”.

Rising from that spot he saw his betrayer approaching with the mob. Apparently, it was too late to have changed the plan. The course for my salvation and yours had been set in motion and there was no turning back.

“Leaning towards his right cheek, Judas kissed him. The Kiss that sealed the thirty pieces of silver deal.

It was then one of the three dearest named peter, realized he should show solidarity by cutting off the ear of one of Jesus’ arresters.

Read: Betrayed

Too bad that wasn’t the kind of solidarity Jesus needed. He was about to be tried by pilate and it was important that no guilt be found in him. He had to stay perfect as the lamb used for Passover. Therefore he stuck back the bleeding ear to the soldier’s head. 
That was it!
No fault could be found in him.

The night of trial was long and painful. It started from 9pm the previous night until 9 am the next day when he was finally hung on a pitiable wood like a criminal that he became for me, for you, for us.

At 12 pm, darkness began to cover the earth because the one who was the light of men, who lit all things (John 1:1-5) had himself become darkness. Who then would lit the sun? Even the earth was in tumultuous trouble.

For three long hours (12pm to 3pm), darkness stayed upon the whole earth as he traded places with me, with you, with us.

 He became sin that we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Then……
He died!

That was it. The moment he feared had come.

But that wasn’t how the story ended!!!

In death, his blood poured furiously against the face of death. Death didn’t like how it tasted. Someone had played a fast one on him. Everyone who came that way tasted really sweet. This one was supposed to taste so because he had been labeled as sin.

Death couldn’t recover from the shocking and appalling taste when the watchmen announced, “lift up your heads oh ye gates! Be lifted up ye everlasting doors!!!

Huh? 
Really? 
No one has ever come in with such rude announcement.All who came in, came trembling. Who could this be, Death and Hades wondered alike.

“Let the king of glory come in”, the watchmen proceeded.
“who is this King of glory?”  Hades and death asked in unison.
“THE LORD OF HOSTS, HE IS THE KING OF GLORY” the watchmen replied. (Psalm 24:7-8)

Everyone came alone. Who was this one called the Lord of hosts?

As Jesus approached, the gates of hell flung open. It wasn’t just the gate at the main entrance but every grave, every cell that had a soul flung open and hell broke lose!!! It was certainly on this day that the phrase, “ hell broke lose” was born!

Sin, death and Hades couldn’t let their ego burn. They had been lord over these millions of generations of mankind. How dare this man walk into their territory to deliver men at the price of a blood so horrible they couldn’t even get a drink?

They didn’t tremble at his appearance, after all the captives in those cells that had just broken open were legal captives. 

They put up a fight. Infact, their best fight but …
.
They didn’t win him as an infant when Herod gave the order that every child within age three (3) and below should be killed.

They didn’t win him at the wilderness when they tried to get him to turn stone to bread, bow to satan in worship or fall off a pinnacle.

They didn’t win him when they scared the living day light out of him at the garden of Gethsemane, where his three dearest couldn’t stand by him.

How could they possibly win him here?


He effortlessly flung a deadly blow that landed on the nose of death. Death itself died.

Using his pinky finger, he raised sin to the roof and smashed him against the ground. Sin was forever paralysed and died instantly!

The people in Hades jeered in thorough excitement. For the first time in ages,  the lawful captives of Hades saw light. They had never seen light ever since they left earth. This man was indeed a champion and had no rival.

As Jesus fought with them , no sorry, beat them to stupor; the curtain at Solomon's temple tore in two halves.The earth had an earthquake and rocks bursted in different direction. (Mathew 27:51)

His blood was too powerful for death to handle!!!!!!!
His blood, the seal of my/your/our redemption.

He made an open show of sin, death, Hades and every form of darkness and its work. He triumphed over them in it (the battle for my/your/our restoration).
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Colossians 2:15 (KJB)
He took back all the good things they stole from us many years ago at the Garden of Eden. 
Our dominion, our authority was restored in that historic fight!!!

The deliverance was so true that by the third day, as Jesus matched triumphantly out of death (resurrection), the dead people also resurrected and went into the city of Jerusalem, appearing to people they knew. (Mathew 27: 51-52).


This wasn’t the end either!!!!!

Jesus returned to the father.
Walking majestically towards the mercy seat, He spelt my name and yours on the mercy seat using his blood. So now, the father no longer inputs sin against me/you because CHRIST-the anointed one had become sin for me/you and now I/WE AM/ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. The same goes for as many that believes in HIM and acknowledges HIM as the SON OF GOD.
“Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:18

MEN WERE DEAD BUT HE CAME TO GIVE LIFE- ETERNAL LIFE.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17: 3

 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (NLT)


HOW CAN  I BE SAVED? 
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 (NIV)

Do you believe?
If you believe and are ready to be saved please say this prayer.

 God the Father I come to you in the name of your son Jesus Christ,
 I admit that I am a sinner and no good works of mine can make me clean and acceptable before you.
 I ask that you forgive me of my sins and wash me clean by the blood of Jesus Christ your son.
I believe that Jesus died for me and He resurrected to justify me.
I ask that you change my heart through your Holyspirit and that you come live inside of me.
I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and I am saved because He has made me the righteousness of God
Amen!

Congratulations! You just used the ONLY and RIGHT way to GOD!!!

(CLICK) HERE ARE FREE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU GROW IN CHRIST


Committed to your fulfillment 
JOIN ME AT TAMAR'S POUCH CONFERENCE,  LADIES!!! REGISTER HERE




RELATED VIDEOS

THE CLAIMS OF JESUS: MADNESS, MYTH OR MEAL?


WHY YOU DON'T NEED TO FEAR THE FUTURE


HOW TO COURAGEOUSLY WALK THROUGH LIFE


WHAT IS ETERNAL LIFE?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis