Skip to main content

THE PATH OF A DREAM



Everything that ever had an end, had a beginning; and nothing ever reached the end without a pathA path is the link between the start and the finish, the beginning and the end.

Your dream is currently on a path. It is important that you identify what Path your dream is on. If you walk on a path unconsciously, you will definitely reach an "unexpected" end.


Since dreams are an "expected end", then it is not wisdom in action for anyone to leave their dreams to (FATE ) unexpected pathsDreams require intentionality for fulfilment.

 DREAM PATHWAYS

These are CHOICES, RELATIONSHIPS AND SKILLS. Did you see money anywhere on this list?
70% of young people believe that money is the one thing they need for their dreams to move from #paper2playout. I once thought so too. Not until, I began to run the birthplace and its numerous programmes. I soon learnt that money isn't a path for dreams. I will show you its place later.
CHOICES: Choice refers to the act of choosing from multiple options.
You are going to be faced with numerous options. Some of them will appeal to you while others won’t. However, know that THE CHOICES YOU MAKE ARE A PRODUCT OF YOUR VALUES

Read: 7 choices you will regret in 7 years time

What are your values ?

Values refer to those things we hold in high esteem. They are products of our beliefs/convictions and are influenced by how we interprete our environment and experiences. If I were to rephrase the above question, it would be WHAT DO YOU HOLD IN HIGH ESTEEM?

Many young people like Ada, Dapo and Ahmed claim to what their dreams to move from #Paper2Playout; yet, their choices indicate that they hold other things in higher esteem than they hold the dreams in your hearts.

RELATIONSHIPS: People are the quickest path towards or away from the fulfilment of every dream. Relationships are like bridges between the start and the finish; the beginning and the end of EVERY DREAM
Who are your team members?
Don't say, "Excuse me ma, i have not started yet. I'll set up a team when I start."

Read:  How to connect with people the first time

The moment you conceived that dream, you already started! Therefore your team members are those you currently share the dream with. They don't need to have an “official title" or some special designation to be team members
Anyone who directly relates with you concerning your dream is a team member.
Team members have the power to make or mar the dream. Therefore we must be careful who we allow into the RELATE-ON-SHIPYou don’t want to sink!

Read: How to build quality relationships for fulfilling purpose

Before allowing anyone as a “stakeholder " into your "life", first access them against your destination (dream). Ask the question, would he/she lead me towards fulfilling my dream or away from it?

SKILLS: These are abilities, expertise or talent required to move a dream from #Paper2playout.
According to Business Dictionary, A skill is An ability and capacity acquired through deliberate, systematic, and sustained effort to smoothly and adaptively carryout complex activities or job functions.  It involves ideas (cognitive skills), things (technical skills), and/or people (interpersonal skills). 

Read: 5 things you should do differently

Here is the connection; We make CHOICES based on our values; our choices determine the quality of our RELATIONSHIPS and our SKILLS. This is because we invest in what we VALUE.
If you value training, you will go for it. You will pay for it especially because you have a dream. If you don't have the funds for it at that moment? Save up for the next opportunity.

It’s amazing how people spend money on " Education" in a bid to gain skill for their " career dreams" but forget that CHOICES AND RELATIONSHIPS are two powerful equal midfielders in the fulfilment game. 

Critically look at your values. Are your dreams really important to you or you are secretly doing the "birthday wish" fallacy thing?

Evaluate your RELATIONSHIPS. Are they contributing to your fulfilment or killing the dream right there on paper?
Evaluate your SKILLS. How prepared are you for opportunities related to your dream?

Read: 5 simple actions that make a more fulfilling life

Activity 1 - List out 7 people in your life who you frequently communicate with (Mind you, they are your team members). Honestly evaluate their role in your life. How have they contributed to the fulfilment or non fulfilment of your dream? 

Activity 2- List out 7 people in your life whom you are currently helping to fulfil their own dreams (Mind you, they are your team members), How have you contributed to the fulfilment or non-fulfilment of their dreams so far?

Activity 3 - List out 7 skills you need to develop or learn to enable you fulfil your dream. Allocate a time frame against each. The time frame is a reflection of when you intend to acquire these skills



Excerpted from PAPER TO PLAYOUT MENTORING SESSION with Anne Atulaegwu




Committed to your fulfilment 


Hey! Join me at The Forte Switch Mentoring program scheduled for August 14th-19th, 2017. Request for the brochure here bit.ly/forteswitch



We are counting down to the arrival of TAMAR'S POUCH CONFERENCE 2017 where we will officially launch my newest book SANE!!! 
Available by JULY 29th



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis