Skip to main content

WHAT IS MY DESTINY?




What’s my destiny?
Since we can’t awaken what we haven't Identified, the above question is pivotal to anyone’s stay on earth and afterwards. Identification is key to becoming.

I've heard people say "it is her destiny" when someone gets or doesn't get a VISA to London.

Others use the phrase when one gets rich at really young age but dies before he is 40.

Those situations make destiny seem like an event bound occurrence.
Destiny is beyond events.

Hear me love,

Your destiny is beyond events.

The dictionary says the following about destiny
-Destiny is the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
-Destiny is the hidden power believed to control future events; fate.

However, that is totally man's definition of destiny.

Actually,

Destiny is man's end.
Destiny is the end of a matter.

Read: The Schedule

Destiny is not predetermined by any "force". Rather, it is determined by the choices we make

Two easily misused terms are purpose and destiny. The difference between purpose and destiny is this;
Purpose is God's original intention and plan which houses his will while destiny is man's response (negative or positive) to purpose.

A good example where the difference plays out is in Judas’ Story. In God's purpose, Jesus was to be killed and the death was to be aided by a "son of perdition" (John 17:12).
The person who would betray Jesus was not mentioned. No one's name was predetermined as "son of perdition".
Judas allowed himself to be influenced by greed and sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

Read: The predestined route to fulfilment

It was not his name that was mentioned. He chose to unknowingly play that role (son of perdition) by the CHOICE he made.

We therefore must become conscious of choices we make...

Read: The purpose of a woman

The purpose of God STANDS but the characters in play all enter by the choices they make/made.

Every child born of a woman has no "destiny" . What they have is "PURPOSE", which is God's plan for their lives.

Destiny begins to take shape as the child grows and gets faced with opportunities to make choices.

Read: Top 25 questions to ask yourself before December 31st

One of the BIGGEST CHOICE anyone would have to make. Is the choice to acknowledge and accept Jesus as savior.

It is this one choice that shapes the "destiny" of anyone.

Remember earlier, I said that destiny is the end of a matter.
Destiny is man's end.

Therefore, when you ask “what is my destiny?", you are actually saying. "What is my end?”

There are only two ends (destiny) to choose from for every one born of a woman.

END 1: Eternal damnation

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Mathew 25:41

END 2. Eternal Life

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24

THE ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION OF CHRIST JESUS AS SAVIOUR is the sole determiner of a man's destiny (end).

What is the destiny (end) of a man who chooses THE CHRIST (annointed one)?


Before then, lets see who this Christ is.
Why is He so important to the point that He is the SOLE DECIDING FACTOR on man's destiny.


1. Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. Colossians 1:15

2. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation. Colossians 1:15

3. Through Christ, God (the father) created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. Colossians 1:16

4. Christ made the things we can see and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
Colossians 1:16

5. Christ existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Colossians 1:17

6. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body.
He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead.
So he is first in everything.  Colossians 1:18

WHERE IT ALL TIES TOGETHER....

For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through him God reconciled everything to himself.

He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of 
#Christ’s blood on the cross.

This includes 
#you who were once far away from God.

You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions.

Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault

COLOSSIANS 1: 18-22 (NLT)

Christ is the deciding factor of man's destiny because he is the very essence of existence and the fibre by which EVERYTHING is closely knit together in shape and form.

Beyond that, he is the deciding factor because HE gave his blood in exchange for man's freedom from darkness

Now THIS IS THE DESTINY OF THE MAN WHO IS IN CHRIST

1. Be in unity(with fellow believers) in our faith and knowledge of God's Son.
2. Be mature in the Lord

3. Measure up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

Ephesians 4:13


Everything that happens to you from the moment you CHOOSE Christ as saviour and put your faith in Him, are orchestrated to bring you

1. To the full knowledge of CHRIST

2. Full character (mature display) of Christ

Because in the original purpose of God, At creation, man was made as Christ is!!
Remember the scripture, let us make man in our OWN image, after our likeness? Genesis 1:26


Read: Is Jesus really the only way to God?

 After the fall of man, Christ came to take us back into our DESTINY (END) which is To know HIM as He really is and be JUST AS HE IS.


This fine dude (Apostle John) says it better,

Dear friends, we are already God's children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 1 John 3:2 (NLT)

Dear young people who have chosen the Christ as LORD and Saviour!!!

Hear me,

You've done the BESTEST thing!

Your destiny is not to buy house or ride car.
It is not to become most popular surgeon that ever lived. When all that happens they are normal part of life events on earth not your “destiny”.

It is to KNOW the Christ and BE exactly like Him indeed!!

Your destiny is to be so in sync with Christ, that creation (earthly and unseen world) cant tell the difference between CHRIST and you!!

Whether we "hammer" or not, we must know this: The journey towards maturity in Christ differs for us all. Therefore we must stop comparing our journeys and FOCUS on the CHRIST who is indeed our DESTINY

Say aloud,

Lord Jesus!!
Rid me of distractions.

Help me see you as I journey towards YOU (My destiny/My end)

#Christ is the beginning and destiny of every believer. 

He is your destiny!

#DONTgetItTwisted

Committed to your fulfilment
Anne Atulaegwu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis