Skip to main content

DID HE REALLY IGNORE YOU?



If you’ve ever been at a spot where you felt like God placed your call on divert? You will totally relate with this post.

Life can give us all shades of grey. The shade we see determines the sustainability of our joy through those rough times.

Jesus had become really close to Lazarus and his two pretty sisters- Mary and Martha. Jesus the supreme healer who went about doing good was their very own intimate friend turned brother. When Lazarus fell ill, there was no better person to call other than their healing friend. Jesus got the news but stayed back at his location.

One would have thought Jesus didn’t care about Lazarus. It would be human to think of it that way. However, the divine thought about it differently.


Does it feel like God has ignored your calls lately? Below are some inspirations from Lazarus’ experience.

    1.    God holds back so that when he eventually shows up (He certainly does), His wondrous work in your life would be beyond doubt.

 Think of it this way, you like it when He comes through; He likes it more when his works in your life is impossible to scoff, query or doubt.  How about that?

That’s why someone reading this called him to give them a child at some point; He waited a little bit to send them a baby the grand way (ear shocking, heart bursting).


   2.   God speaks the end so whatever He is told you would still be even if the story doesn’t play out as expected.

Jesus said Lazarus’ sickness wasn’t unto death. However Lazarus died and was buried!

 We could easily say Jesus was lying. People could have even thought for a moment that Jesus’ prophetic declaration failed this time.

We need to understand that God doesn’t speak from our human realms of limitation. He always speaks the done deal.

Did God gave you a word and what He said would or wouldn’t happen played out the opposite way? Don’t worry. The end isn’t until it is.


   3.   God has a term for your current situation. He definitely doesn’t call it the end.

Jesus said Lazarus was sleeping. How laughable is that? Very funny , if you ask me. Lazarus was in the grave already. He had been buried for four solid days and Jesus could dare call that sleeping? He termed Lazarus’ death as sleep?

God has a term for your situation. Use his terms and call it what He calls it.
Don’t call it what medical science calls it. Don’t call it what economic science calls it. Call it what He calls it. He calls it temporal and He hasn’t just the intention but also the ability to safely bring you through it into your desired end.

Please don’t give a permanent label (death) to something God has called temporal (sleep).



   4.   Every time God delays, we get the opportunity to see a new dimension of Him that we otherwise wouldn’t have seen.

Jesus told his disciples that Lazarus was actually dead. They didn’t understand his grammar when he earlier said Lazarus was asleep. They were surprised when He said, “Let’s go wake him up”.

Jesus was glad he wasn’t there because now, the disciples would know beyond doubt that who he was and what He could do. (John 11:15)

Instead of looking out for what "sin"  you may have committed to deserve such grey rose in your life right now, look out for what dimension of God’s immaculate goodness he is about to show you through the grey situation.



   5.   Though He tarries, He won’t take as much length of time as you fear.

When Jesus told pretty Mary that her brother will arise? She thought He was referring to the resurrection morning. Jesus told her “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying” (John 11:25 NKJV)

The words, “I am” was the same words God used in revealing himself to Moses.

I believe God says He is “I am” because He would be anything required by our situations.

In Lazarus’ situation, I am showed up as the resurrection and the life. In your situation, what do you think he would show up as?

I am can be the womb constructor
I am can be the lost funds restorer
I am can be the broken relationship builder
I am can be anything your situation requires!!!
So don’t think it’s going to take him forever to fix.

I am introduces himself in the present tense because He is our ever present help in time of trouble.

The moment Jesus introduced himself as the resurrection and Life, Mary caught it!
She proclaimed, Yes Lord. I have always believed you are the messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.” (John 11:27 NKJV)
At that proclamation, Jesus proceeded to give life to her once dead brother.

Do you at least, believe in Jesus as your savior? Do you believe in Him as the son of God?
If you do believe these things, then it shouldn’t be hard to believe that your situation isn’t a statement of his permanent intention. He is still working for you.


Go chill in praise to Him!

Committed to your fulfillment

PS: Let me know if this encouraged you. Leave a comment


Hugs

Partner with us on the Save A girl child Project!
Details below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis