Skip to main content

THE PRICE FOR RELEVANCE





© 2018 EAGLE’S SOAR CONFERENCE /THEME: YOUNG AND RELEVANT/

This is a sequel to an earlier post. Please read it here before you proceed

We access glory when we impart lives. This is also what it means to be relevant. This kind of impart isn’t born from vain ambition or a need to be noticed by the world. It’s born and driven absolutely by aligning with the will of God!

In the above scripture, Jesus points out two simple steps required for this level of relevance/impart.


In the above scripture, Jesus points out three simple steps required for this level of relevance/impart.

1.  Fall to the ground: 

The Greek word (pip'-to) means to fall under in prostration. This talks about surrender and Humility. The lesser bows to the greater remember? The greater is the creator. You are the one to surrender; not Him.


 You can’t enter into valid relevance if you are still full of yourself!  See Philippians 2:5-8

If you are still ordering God on your journey, telling him what you will take or not take, you are still standing.  You haven’t fallen to the ground yet and whatever Greeks that are noticing you now would but be a handful compared to when you fall.
Tell yourself, "enough of the fake heights, I choose to fall to the ground!"

     2.     Die:
    
    In order to receive the glory due Him at resurrection, Jesus gave his life at the gory of  crucifixion.


The word “die” here Is the greek word 599 /apothnskō    (ap-oth-nace'-ko)  ("die off, from") occurs 111 times in the NT.  
It stresses the significance of the separation that always comes with divine closure.599 (apothnskōstresses the ending of what is "former" – to bring what (naturally) follows.

I what to make something clear here.

When you gave your life to Jesus, you died. 
Colosians 3:3, "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."
This talks about the position of the believer. However, in Luke 9:23 Jesus says,” If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.  Thereby calling us to experience practically what we are positionally.

Apostle Paul affirms this practical life in 1 Corinthians 15:32 when he says, “I die daily.

What is in you that needs to die? 

No death? Then forget about making lasting impart. We rise only as high as we invest beneath.





Death involves the severance of your will. Whenever your will gives way for God’s will, you die!

Each time we put an end to self, God shows off a new dimension of His glory to us, for us  and through us.



What happens if you refused to fall and Die?


You remain alone. The word alone in this verse is the Greek word monos and means solitary (existing alone), desolate.

See yourself as a seed in the earth. If you weren’t God wouldn’t  leave you here after you gave your Christ!

The word desolate in English means empty, unattractive with nothing pleasant in it (cambridge).

Whatever shine or attractiveness you’ve mustered by walking in the dictates of your heart cannot be compared to when you get laid before the Lord and let Him call the shots on your life.

What happens if you died?

You bring forth much fruit. Fruit is the Greek word karpos meaning gain, result. If you did, you will yield more results.   

You’ve done good in the past 5 five years but it is time for more. More will not be if you refuse to severe your will and Let the Lord lead uninterrupted. God wants to lead you to the right industry where your light won’t shine as a candle wick but as a fanciful functional chandelier. Let Him lead! 

Read: What Purpose is Not

It’s good to observe the trend, while a success(ful) man would make decisions based only on his observations, a success would make decisions based on the Leading/ will of the Lord.

Believers, this is not the time for trial and errors. There are witty inventions yet to be birthed. The world hasn’t seen the best of science, nor sociology.

The world hasn’t seen the best of Education  nor Economics.
The world hasn’t seen the best of Architecture nor Animation.
They haven’t seen the best of Technology, Telecommunication nor Textile production.


The world hasn’t seen you.

 The best of these end time is hid only for the believer who is willing to fall under and die!

The vertical principle states we rise only as high as we invest beneath.
How much of you are you willing to Let God have?
Young people, stop negotiating with God. Let Him lead.

Some of us actually think, God has nothing to do with business, national or Global economy or science and technology. They’ve lied to us that you have to be in the occult to access these things. Big lie!  Colossians 1:16 says, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him"



GOD is the custodian of all future inventions. There is nothing anyone invents that God didn’t release.

What the hidden did was pay deadly prices (death) to satan the god of this world who hijacks what God has released upon the earth and revealed it to these men in bits for a high price. 

The bible calls him a thief. Everything satan has or gives, he stole! It was originally meant for man!

In the past, men who didn’t know God where allowed to access solutions because believers hadn’t come to an understanding of what it meant to be light.

Today, the new creation knows that all things are HIS and he accesses them by living practically what He is positionally 
(Dead to self, alive in Christ).

Galatians 2:20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (KJV)

If you are still wondering, what  God has to do with "seemingly vain sectors" like fashion, arts an craft? 


Let’s see Exodus 31:1-6
Then the LORD said to Moses, 2“Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. 4He is a master craftsman, expert in working with gold, silver, and bronze. 5He is skilled in engraving and mounting gemstones and in carving wood. He is a master at every craft! 6“And I have personally appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, to be his assistant. Moreover, I have given special skill to all the gifted craftsmen so they can make all the things I have commanded you to make:

God won't empower someone in crafts if he didn't care about such. The ark needed to be constructed and God found a man to gift the skill. There are needs all around us. Choking needs within our nations. 

In this close of age, while text books and college could give us hints, there are solutions that only an intimate relationship with God can enable you access.
The chosen ones in our generation , are those who are willing to honour the vertical principle.
Die to self, bond intimately with the Lord, let Him lead!

Healing the sick and raising the dead is but one dimension of the miraculous. Industrial miracles are another dimension. Desire it, access it by the vertical principle!

Remember, We rise only as high as we invest beneath.      


3. Follow              
"Those who love their life in this world will lose it . Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. 26Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me. 27“Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But this is the very reason I came! 28Father, bring glory to your name.” John 12:25-28 

To follow the Lord, you must rid yourself off sentiments. No attachments to anything or anyone. You are like a soldier who has pledged his/her life for service. During war, soldiers know there is a possibility of death; yet they never retreat! They follow instruction until it's truly over. 

Read: How emotional attachements threaten your chance to succeed

What Is Means To Lose Your Life

622/apóllymi("violently/completely perish") implies permanent(absolute) destruction, i.e. to cancel out (remove); "to die, with the implication of ruin and destruction"  cause to be lost (utterly perish) by experiencing a miserable end.

To hate
04 miséō – properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

This means everytime you have to choose between yours and the father’s will. You will give yours up for his will. Just what Jesus did.

Not easy at all, but very possible!

You've been seeking relevance, are you ready now?


Committed to your fulfilment



Hey! Interested in relevance? Check out our Mentoring Programs here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis