Skip to main content

13 DAYS TO 30!


Waoh!

The big 30 is here!!

First, it took a bit of intentionality for me to process my thoughts and emotions. I mean, I had to sit and hold several conversations with my tripartite -Spirit, Soul and Body- in order to understand what I thought and feel about turning 30.

I want to scream right now.

Places my hand on my chest
Lifts my head up to the ceiling
Says, I LOVE YOU, LORD.

While I can't exactly tell why I am so excited about the figure 30, I am certain that I love how it feels to clinch this pretty even number without carrying pouches of regrets in my tiny heart.

The last 29 years was more than I prayed for, somewhat dramatic, and massively fulfilling.

Looking back on this 13th day to 30, I can't help but realize that I am blessed beyond description.

I am one of those privileged few who have their Purpose, Passion, Productivity and Profit connected. By that I mean, My career path is both my calling and my business.

Being a High school teacher, I get the opportunity to relate with teenagers every day of my pretty life. I am privileged to influence and impact/impart them while getting paid to do so.

As a founder of a functional and productive NGO, The Birthplace Empowerment Foundationa youth and women focused faith based NGO with the mandate to raise a generation of passionate young people and women who establish God’s purpose and engineer positive changes in every facet of life through conferences, seminars and mentoring.Nothing leaves me high for days as getting feedbacks from the beneficiaries of our programs and projects.

God is kind.

I don't quite have a "purposeful" reason for this blogpost. So this isn't about "30 rhemas that will change you life."

 (Laughs)

I just wanted to document my joy. Truth be told, 13 days to 30 sounded like a great title for a gist- Movie, Book, Article, Show etc.

I didn't want to waste it. So I decided to blog today.
Mundane, I guess but I like it.

 (Laughs)

But then, being the midwife I am, I am not going to let you read this and walk away without helping you birth something of worth in relation to your destiny.

Therefore, I am going to quickly share with you a few wise things.


See love, this life flies by real quick. You can't afford to leave things to time and chance only. You must prepare for the dream in your heart.

Some of the virtues that has helped me thrive/flourish  in Life, Career and Ministry are


1. Passion for Results



I am a "measure the outcome" kind of person. I like to see tangible or intagible results when I invest my life, time, money or energy to anything.

If you don't intentionally look for results, you will waste your biggest resource- Time which consequently is your life. Aint no one got time to waste.

Always ask yourself, What do I want to happen, see, have, become, own, give, take, produce (insert any applicable verb) at the end of XYZ action?

Asking this question will save you a lot of headache. Life is too short for "crap".

Read: 4 Questions that help you define your vision effectively


2. Consistency


See baby, Consistency is both a habit and a spirit.
 In chapter 10 of my newest book, Turn wishes To wins, I shared with my readers, the dynamics of consistency.

Many people decide to be consistent every new year but they soon slack back into their old ways. This is because they don't know or understand the dynamics of consistency.

The forces that stimulate the developmemt of consistency in character are Prize, Drive and Price (PDP). Knowing how these 3 forces interact is key to becoming consistent in character. I showed you that here.


3. Alignment


If you've followed me for a while, you may have noticed that I use this word often.

Truth is, you are part of a grandeur scheme. There is a remarkable role you were planted here on earth to fix.

It is important that you know what that is and don't fight it. Just align. To align is to follow embrace your purpose and support its cause even if no one else supports you.


Read: How to step into purpose and impart/impact lives.


4. Intimacy with God


It will be a mean dishonour to not tell you this truth. There is no "successful" person who does not have solid spiritual life. They are either connected with Jesus and thr kingdom of God or Satan and the occult.

And of course, I am not interested in any success that is valued only on earth. I want the enduring one that counts long after being 30 is over and I close my eyes in death at age 700 or so.

I am saying that life after now, is so important to me, that I have long put my relationship God through Jesus Christ at the highest pedestal possible.

Personally, I will not trade my level of intimacy with God dor anything or anyone in the world.

If I can't fit into a circle while being intimate with Christ, then that circle is sub-standard for me.

My parents taught me early enough that everything of worth comes from the Lord Jesus. They showed my  siblings and I how to go to God through Jesus the son and ask for what we want.
It worked when I was 13, it works now that I am almost 30.

I encourage you to invest in your relationship with God.
Value it, Cherish it and never forget this,

If I can't fit into a circle while being intimate with Christ, then that circle is sub-standard for me.

Lastly,

5. Value for one's calling


I don't joke with my assignment. Whether I'm being a teacher in the classroom, on the pulpit, or via a book, I do not take any moment for granted.

It does not matter if I am speaking, mentoring, counseling  or just flaunting my pretty self around the house, I am always prepared to deliver to the world, that which God has designed and prepared me to do.

I understand my worth and I am aware that If I don't step up to the knudges in my spirit to make a difference around the world, people will suffer for my negligence.

You too have to begin to value your calling in business, ministry, career or marriage. Value your calling.

Just so you know, January 23 is my birthday and I pledge the next 30 years still being committed to your fulfilment.


Hey!
Join me at any of these events in 2019.

You are all shades awesome!

 
When I marked my birthday in January 2018
Forever thankful for relationships such as the Mentees and Sisters in my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis