Skip to main content

STEWARDING YOUR DESIRES




It can be frustrating to see other  people who in your opinion aren't "better" than you, get ahead and enjoy the luxuries of life.

You can't help but notice "Yewande" who had sex with all the boys in high school, now married. Her husband has also relocated her parents and siblings including their toothless bull dog to canada.

Or is it "John", who was the dullard of the class, now flying first class all over the place.

Even Ade that doesn't know how to sing is the one whose album is selling all over the world.

You've taken your precious time to look at these people and you can't reconcile the reality of your  present situation with the truth that these people are no better than you, yet they appear to be doing better.

You are not the first person to feel this way. In fact one fine guy who works in church as a full time staff felt that way too. His name is Asaph (Psalms 73).

Asaph said He almost lost his footing. He was almost gone because he compared himself with others and eventually began to envy them.

He couldn't help but notice that people who did wicked things still "prospered". They were the ones on the newspapers, they were the ones who got promoted, they were the ones the media recognised day and night.

Asaph wished He was like them.
Afterall, "prosperity" shouldn't be for a selected few. It should be for everyone. If it wouldn't be for everyone, then it must be for good people like Him.

The worse part is, it doesn't look like God is noticing what is happening on earth. (Psalms 73:11)



Like Asaph, all you've had is nothing but pain. You are beginning to feel like you've kept your heart and hands pure for nothing.

You are so good at what you do, yet they won't give you a chance because you are not in their "social cum occultic" club.

Your song is amazing and they even admit it, yet they won't let you be because you are not one of them and in their opinion, have no right to sales and fame.

You've been frustrated for so long that you are considering joining them.

Just before you do, Learn from others...


Have you seen the new Tv Series, Surviving R.kelly?
You've heard and seen what's happening to a popular musician recently, right?

Yeah, that musician who sang "You saved me, gave me a second chance" and the ever relevant, "I believe I can fly".
Yes, that one.

Do you actually think all these things happening to him are coincidence?

Just so we are clear, I'm not in support of his actions. I'm never in support of any form of abuse, let alone sexual abuse. Infact, a full arm (Tamar's Pouch) of The Birthplace Foundation ( which I founded) is dedicated to helping women recover from abuse.
I'm therefore not directly or indirectly excusing him.

If you looked closely at his life and those of some popular celebrities who have died, you will perhaps notice that these "calamities" are not without an engineer.
People start out responsibly, go about their everyday lives reasonably, use their talents brilliantly until they accept one "Connection", "Deal", "Contract", "Platform" that massively ushers them into "Prosperity".

What they don't know is that accepting those offers automatically leave them exposed to demonic activities and  influences disguised as "Stardom Privileges".

A few years down the line, they notice that they are misbehaving and can't control themselves.

The same people who exposed them to been invaded and influenced by demons, cover their tracks until the appointed time (When the unspoken time in the non-renewable contract expires).

Then, all hell breaks loose. Their past deeds are dug and a wind of accusation blow fiercely against their legacy and name, until no strand of honour is left to their memory.

These "engineers" build their victims up, make their names great and tear it down disgracefully until there's nothing left to for the victims to live for.

They make sure the victims' last days are spent enjoying world wide fame except this time, the fame is for bad reports.

The pressure mounts and we wake up one day to media reports that the said star has committed suicide.

How interesting...



What do you really want, my love?


Perhaps you just want to be comfortable. 

Perhaps you will like a few designer labels on your back and butt.

Perhaps you want a fine blend of comfort, designer labels and fame.

Whatever you want is fine and  valid.

However, there are a few important things I will like you to realize just as the fine dude, Asaph did.


1. Prosperity is Relative:

That people have all the luxuries you desire doesn't necessarily mean that they are prosperous.

✔It is not prosperity if you have to lose your soul.

✔It is not prosperity if you will be compelled or threatened to live or do things against your faith.

✔It is not prosperity if you no longer feel comfortable amongst fellow believers.

2.  Salvation is Priceless:

It appears someone tightened the bolts in Asaph's head when he exclaimed, " Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure." Psalms 73:1 (NLT).

Don't let anything or heights make you think, feel or say that giving your life to Jesus was a mistake.

God has been good to you inspite of all you have been through and though you don't feel like it, there is a reward for keeping a pure heart and pure hands.  Cherish your salvation.

In my newest book, Turn Wishes to Wins, I noted that desires are the roots of all wishes and HOW you handle your desires determine if you have wins or losses in life.

I know you want to "blow" (get  your big break in your chosen path of life). You really deserve that explosion your heart desires.  However, you deserve an enduring and authentic prosperity.

Here is how to steward your desires to get that authentic prosperous wins you deserve in life (not the false prosperity the wicked gets).


1. RID off bitterness


When my heart was filled with bitterness and my mind was seized [with envy]- Psalm 73:21(GWT).

Bitterness and Envy are kissing cousins. You contaminate your desires when you allow bitterness towards God or people for what you are yet to have.

You ensnare your life when envy finds as little as a faint spot in your heart. Rid off bitterness and envy.

2. CLING to Christ.



Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.- Psalm 73:22 (NLT)

Those big dreams and desires you think got in your heart by coincidence, were actually place there by God. 

Cling to Him. He knows how to guide and guard you into your glory.


Be willing to

3. YIELD to His Counsel


You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny- Psalm 73:24 (NLT)

You can't receive the glory and authority that you rebel against.

Asaph realized that if he yielded to God He would prosper way more than the ungodly.

Don't let the media influence you to rebel against God. His reward plan may seem slow; but it is certain and enduring through generations.

Read: Stripped!

4. YEARN ruthlessly for Him.


Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. Psalm 73:25 (NLT)

Asaph melted my heart when he said, " I desire you more than anything on earth."

Trust me when I say this is the highest way to steward your desires and ensure that you manifest the greatness on your inside, unfurled and untampered.

Young people sign off their birthrights for peanuts because they desire stardom more than the kingdom.

If only they realized that one who operates from within the kingdom is more influential than one who operates from stardom. Stars have a brief moment to shine. Kings reign forever.

My love, desire no one or nothing more than you desire Christ.


5. STRENGTHEN your heart in Him.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:26 (NLT)

Learn to call yourself by name and encourage yourself, by yourself and for yourself.

Who is your portion? What is your portion? Is it the yatcht they promised to give you? Is it the vacations? Is it appearing on global TV?

Jesus gives these things to His people too. Make Him your portion, make him your inheritance.

If you see Christ as your inheritance, you will not easily or uneasily let the world have him for 30 pieces of silver.

ReadBetrayed

Please strengthen your heart in God!


6. STAY faithful to Him

Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. Psalm 73:27 (NLT)

God is faithful!
Oh I know it as certainly as I know that I was born a dark skinned baby and still dark skinned years after.

I've had my fair share of scars and through it all He always came through for me.

God will make you, my dear. 

When He makes you, your name and memory after death will be great forever. 

Look at Abraham, Look at David, the men whom He made. Look at Mary the mother of Jesus, look at Mary who broke the Alabaster box. Generations come and go, we know  and bless them!

Let Christ make you!


7.TRUST in His Love

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all your works Psalm 73:28 (NLT)

The love Christ has for me, is my highest possession.

I know and rely on that love (1 John 1:16), such that when life's storms hit, I may cry about the pain but never about the end. 

Never about the end because the Love Christ has for me will always end the matter in my favour.

Trust in His enduring, unfailing love for you.



Be my guest at Eagle's Soar Conference, Nigeria !!
Click to learn more and register

Committed to your Fulfilment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis