Skip to main content

WHEN GOD BETRAYS



Shock!

Deep shock was what I felt for a long long time when one of those relationships in my past ended.

God, wasn't that relationship all shades you? How we met, how it came to be and how you've given me words concerning him and it?

God, I thought you said, I wasn't going to know that kind of  pain anymore - the heartbreaking, soul tearing kind that makes you wish you can just sleep for eighty days straight!


Warisdis (What is this)??


It was the 5th relationship and it ended just at the wrongest of seasons, on the wrongest of days - Valentine's day.

I had just returned from preaching/teaching at a youth conference were I was invited to speak.
And oh, I taught with all I had and am. I was born for this you know?

How can "God" allow this to be my "Weldone good and faithful servant" back pat?

I could have been any where else "fucking" the hell outta some fine guy; but I rather went to win souls for you; yet you let me feel this pain of rejection a 5th time???

Lord, what did I do to you, kwanu?? This isn't what you promised.


Read: Why does he even promise?


That was me, February 14th that year. I had just marked my silver jubilee birthday.


See ehn,

This feeling of God ghosted you is totally normal. Even Jesus felt it.He felt the father betrayed Him.

I mean, God had said he wouldn't forsake Jesus.

"My beloved son, go and die. I will be right there holding your hands. They won't do anything to you" said God.

From night when Jesus was picked up at the garden till 2:59Pm during which he was on trial, the flogging, the mocking, the nailing, the scorning, the scotching, the thorning, the hanging, Jesus FELT father there.

Read: The Exchange

Remember how the men who came to pick him up fell under the anointing when he said,  "I am he"?
He even fixed up Marcus' ear on that spot.
Jesus was surely sure father was with Him.

But at 3pm, Father was no where near Jesus' receptor.
Darkness had filled the earth and Jesus' soul.

He stretched his hands on the death-air -bed in search of God but God the father seemed to have left his side own side of the bed.

With a loud voice he cried,

"My father, My father, why have you forsaken me!"


If Jesus felt betrayed, who are you to think, you will still understand everything and be able to tell where father is and how he is working in your night season?


Jesus felt betrayed, forsaken and alone. Yet

✔He committed His spirit to the hands of a "missing father"

✔He went on with His part of the agreement- serve in death as sacrifice for all men.

That's how to thrive in your night.

That's how I've thrived through many nights.

That's how Jesus would want you to thrive.

Can't feel God, Can't sense God, mad at God but trusting enough to

✔COMMIT your pain and being to Him knowing that He is omnipresent - always present after all.

✔CONSISTENTLY serve at your post as though the assignment He gave you was oxygen.


February 14th 2019 (Valentine's day), years later, My now husband proposed to me.

Seems God didn't betray me after all; He took a stroll out  on valentine's day that year, to go call his best son for me on valentine's day 2019 (5 years later).

Would you please wait??

Read: How to renew your hope in a long wait


Committed to your fulfillment
Anne Emeka-Obiajunwa


Sign up for CONSISTENCY BOOTSTRAP. A one day (Whatsapp class) to help you nail life, on point!




Comments

  1. It takes trust to keep on with the will of the father in the darkest of hour there we exhibit our true sonship that we do not abandon the cause given to us by the father we keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is forever faithful regardless of any situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis