Skip to main content

WHEN YOU BADLY WANT GROWTH





You may have noticed that your rhythm seems truncated lately.

Perhaps you used to feel full in your spirit, know exactly what to do or say when an occasion arises and do just that; but now, you are often unsure about the next step to take and can't completely shake off the sad feeling that comes with not making visible progress in the things that matter most to you.

While that may be an indication that you are dealing with a burn out, the issue is not always about dissipated energy, it sometimes is about a disconnection in your Spirit.

This disconnection is caused by a drop in our love level towards God and His presence.


Every time our love level drops, the weight of this world and the thorns of our private weaknesses, choke joy and peace off our hearts. This in turn leads to being stucked.


Read: Stucked in a rut?


Like Paul prayed for the church in Philippi as seen in Phillippians 1 verse 9 to 11,  we should pray for ourselves thus,

🔻Lord cause my love for you and your presence to overflow more and more in every situation and season.

This is because your love for God will bring you into a rich revelation of spiritual insight into all things.  




Here is how it works; Your heart is filled with much love for God such that you press into Him in the place of intimacy, Your heart fills with awe for Him by the encounters/experiences He wills into your life. He begins to reveal things to you. Psalms 25:14, "The secret of the LORD is for those who fear Him, And He will make them know His covenant." (NASB)

We can't possibly have this rich revelation of spiritual insight into all things and fail at things, be stucked or retrogress.

Apostle Paul says it better in verses 10 and 11,

This (insight produced by love for God) will enable you to

📌Choose the most excellent way of all

📌Become pure and without offense until the unveiling of Christ.

📌Be filled completely with the fruits of righteousness that are found in Jesus, the Anointed One—bringing great praise and glory to God! (TPT)


Read: Quick tips on developing intimacy with God


Does it look like you are not making much significant progress? Don't look too far,  lest you get offended with God and men. Look inwards; your love level towards God and His presence needs a radical improvement.


Growth is first on the inside, before it is on the outside. The most important thing you badly need to grow is your love for God and His presence. Go ahead and ask Him to increase your love towards Him.


Committed to your fulfilment
Anne Emeka-Obiajunwa


Hey! How about been a blessing to people in impoverished communities this December? See how (Click)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis