Skip to main content

YOUR FAITH IN TRIALS





So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
1 Peter 1:6‭-‬7 NLT


The Greek word faith in these verses is Pistis which is translated as trust, confidence, persuasion, conviction.


Inserting the literal meaning of  Pistis into the above verses, we understand the writer (Apostle Peter) was addressing our persuasion/conviction  about God, his person and nature.


When we walk through fire, though it wouldn't hurt us, it challenges our conviction, our persuasion about God, his person, nature, and precepts.


Little wonder when life hits us hard, there's a tendency to question the justice system of God. Some people end up judging him faithful others don't. Then their zeal wanes, their passion fades and they withdraw  from intimacy with the God whom they once professed to love wholeheartedly.

Read: When Passion Wanes

The difference in our responses to hard times is directly proportional to how persuaded we are about the character and precepts of God.


How persuaded are you? Are you really convinced about his love for you, his faithfulness to his word and his integrity in your situation?



I have personally been through a lot than I imagined I would. The surgeon's knife, the loss of a baby and all shades of  excruciating body pain due to a medical condition. While this may not be a trial of faith (conviction) for you, it was for me.


Read: Don't let these 3 thorns ruin your testimony.


I have held on believing, trusting, standing in quiet confidence that the word of God is true regardless of my circumstances.


I encourage you to do same. It is this persuasion that the writer says will be rewarded. We will receive praise, honour and glory at Jesus' appearing.


The clause "At Jesus' appearing"  doesn't necessarily mean his second coming. It can also be taken to mean when God finally shows up for you in that situation.


I can trace major spiritual depths and commensurate honor and glory on my life to specific trials that I overcame in the past.  So when Peter says you will receive praise, glory and honor at Jesus' appearing, it is so true. We receive them here on earth and also in heaven.



God is kind and He rewards the faithful. Hold on to your hope in God.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithfulHebrews 10:23 (NIV)

My darling, no one needs to know your struggle. No one needs to understand the weights. You only need Jesus to know and understand. He will reward your conviction ( Faith) in Him.


Read this one more time,

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6‭-‬7 NLT


Be at rest, my beloved.
You are precious to Jesus.


Committed to your fulfilment
Anne Emeka-Obiajunwa
Founder, The Birthplace Foundation


See what we are doing this month on our online community.




📍Ready to gain depth in God?
📍Set to increase your influence and power in the spirit?
📍Ready to be that one man whom God can trust for results in 2020?

Then you should participate in the #AlignmentMandate on our online community at bit.ly/birthplacefoundation

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOD IS KIND: The emptiness of hope

Read part 1 here  In Lagos, I fell ill as soon as I landed. The city is crazy. The traffic is unholy and the carbon monoxide infested air is an extension of hell. I didn't want to get back on that road to any hospital so we got a qualified nurse to come treat me at home.  The Nurse said she couldn't treat me except I did a pregnancy test alongside malaria test. Both came out positive. I was glad that the sickness wasn't Lagos madness inspired. My baby must have wanted to notify me since I refused to take a second look. Unfortunately, she used one of those quinine brands  in attempt to protect the baby. She sadly didn't check with me first.  I became miserable from all the itching like one who hugged devil's beans. I tried to rest as much as I could and thoroughly enjoyed both my family and ministry itinerary while being pampered like an egg. I preached passionately at the event I was invited to. I talked about loving God and serving him devotedly even when disa

GOD IS KIND: The Integrity of his promises

  Read part 5 here My stomach started bulging. I sent pictures of us to my family. My sister-in-law posted on her WhatsApp status. About two or more people told her my face looked pregnant. She told me and I said my usual, Amen. After all, someone that’s been declaring herself pregnant since August should truly look pregnant by December 😂😂 I focused on my vacation, determined to thoroughly enjoy myself. One morning we all hit the gym and I led a dance exercise. Worried about my bulging tummy, I used a vintage  vibrating exercise belt  on my belly. Click the word to see how it works. It vibrated so intensely that my belly “caught fire” I begged to stop. Vacation was over we went  home. At this point, it was barely 3 days to 2021. I had an assignment to submit at school. I started writing it but noticed it was a struggle. It felt as though something foreign had hit my brain. I was also hosting a 12-hour prayer-thon. I managed to pull through these. Then we went for cross over service a

WHY DO “LOOSE” GIRLS MARRY FASTER?

“If this life has anything to gain at all, I’ll count it lost if I can’t hear you feel you, cause I need you…” rang my amazing ringtone by Lecrae. I picked up the sleek darling to see who misses me. It was this pretty friend of mine. Ada (Not real name) and I met at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in our first year. We had a lot in common and she was just my type (whatever that means) LOL. Anyway, I was (and still am) literally and figuratively in love with God and I noticed her heart was committed to God and His standards too. Well, we graduated four years later and you know how life happens. We haven’t really kept in touch for a while. I heard sometime back that she was engaged and I called to say congratulations.  We talked about how life had been since after school and how we both are still fervently loving and serving the Lord. She said her wedding was three months away and I told her I definitely needed the aso-ebi (A uniform material sold to people who wis